Project Async & Responsive, issue 3
June 5, 2013 § 2 Comments
Our heroes continued on their quest to move add-on- and front-end-accessible APIs off the main thread. Despite reviewer starvation, they managed to progress.
- Constant stack implementation of Promise (bug 810490) have finally landed! This should resolve the stack explosion witnessed by a few of the libraries using promises.
- Async mozStorage connection (bug 702559). Working prototype. Review in progress.
- Converting consumers of non-constant stack Promise. In progress.
- Improving speed of postMessage (bugs 879083, 852187, 873293). Design in progress. Early prototype.
- Readahead for OS.File (bug 865389). Prototype. Review in progress.
- Handling Tasks in mochitest (bug 872229). Working prototype. Pending review.
- Removing main thread I/O from the URL classifier (bug 867776). In progress.
- Making Session Restore non-blocking (bug 838577). Working prototype [waiting for review for many weeks].