Project Async & Responsive, issue 2
May 24, 2013 § 5 Comments
Our heroes continued on their quest to move add-on- and front-end-accessible APIs off the main thread. Arrayed against them, work weeks, conferences, holidays and terrible weather. Still, they pressed on.
Tooling and new APIs
- Constant stack implementation of Promise (bug 810490). Working prototype, improving gradually.
- Async API for Downloads (bug 825588). In progress. Numerous blockers.
- Making Session Restore non-blocking (bug 838577). Working prototype, improving gradually.
- Numerous simplifications to Session Restore (bug 874381 and blockers). Many patches are ready to land, once we have decided of a good policy to revert them in case they destroy too many add-ons.
- Async mozStorage connection (bug 702559). Working prototype. Pending review.
- Adding support for Task.jsm in mochitest (bug 872229). In progress.