JStify progress update
November 19, 2007 § 2 Comments
The development of JStify has been somewhat chaotic but the situation seems to be improving.
I’m currently debugging it and trying to understand why it keeps attempting to parse after the end of the file.
Camlp4 has proved slightly less useful than expected for this task, as I’ve managed to do everything I needed with a few regexps, higher order functions and the lazy module. On the other hand, the ability to combine OCaml stream parsers and build stream parser operators is quite comfortable.
In the meantime, I’ve also learnt how to write plug-ins for ocamlbuild and I’ve dumped the Makefile-based system for something more modern.
For the moment, I believe I can hold my personal deadline of end-of-November for the first full prototype of the parser.